How much do you know about the Irish abroad?
Play our quiz and win!
Click below to play now
To celebrate being nominated as ‘World’s Leading Tourist Attraction 2019’, we’ve got a fantastic competition to share with you. All you have to do is answer 10 multiple choice questions. Winning the top prize is easy, but you need to be quick. The faster you answer the questions, the higher you go on the leaderboard. Enter now and see if you can make it to the top!
The prize for winner includes the following:
- Overnight stay for two people in The Sandymount Hotel
- Dinner and drinks for two people in Ely Bar and Grill
- Two tickets to EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
- Genealogy consultation for two with The Irish Family History Centre
- Two DNA kits with FindMyPast.ie
- Two VIP tickets to The Jeanie Johnston
- Two deluxe tickets with BigBus Tours
An overnight stay at the Award Winning 4 star Sandymount Hotel, with breakfast. The hotel is Dublin’s largest Independent Family Run Hotel, run by the Loughran Family for over 60 years. It is the proud winner of Europe’s Leading Green Hotel at World Travel Awards 2017, 2018 and 2019 and is located close to the Aviva Stadium and to EPIC. For more details on the hotel click here.
Visit the Jeanie Johnston and follow in the footsteps of those who fled the Famine.
The Jeanie Johnston tells the story of the thousands of Irish people who fled the Famine and embarked on a treacherous voyage in the hope of a better life in North America. Step on board and you will be transported back in time to join them on their gruelling journey. Find out more.
Big Bus Tour
Take an open-top hop-on, hop-off Dublin Big Bus tour and let their Live Guides bring this city to life for you. With their Dublin hop-on hop-off tours, you can hop on and off the bus at any of the 30+ designated Big Bus stops, as many times as you wish, all located near Dublin’s best attractions. Or opt to stay on the bus for the entire tour and let them take you for a scenic spin around this vibrant city. Your Deluxe tickets include a free night tour, a free walking tour and free entry to the Pearse Lyons Distillery. For more details click here.
A one hour consultation with the Irish Family History Centre
A one-to-one personalised genealogy consultation with the Irish Family History Centre starts with an appraisal of your family history knowledge, including any documents assembled to date. Our expert genealogists know the background of all relevant online databases and repositories for offline research. They can identify further record sources to be reviewed, create a route map and develop a search strategy. Their knowledge will guide and advise you towards advancing your family history. Their experts have completed the Irish research for multiple episodes of Who Do You Think You Are; Faces of America; Finding Your Roots; and the Genealogy Roadshow (U.S.). For more information click here.
In addition you’ll win two Findmypast DNA kits. These tests can reveal more about your ancestry than any other. Discover the Irish regions you descend from, and unearth the records you need to explore your family story. This is the only test designed for British and Irish family history. You’ll see your results mapped across 80 global regions, including 21 from Britain and Ireland. Find out more here.
Dinner for two with drinks at the multi- Award Winning ELY BAR & GRILL at the CHQ Building. Win an excellent a la-carte menu and over 1200 different wines plus a range of craft beers, premium whiskeys, gins, Cognac, Armagnac, and classic cocktails, you’re assured of an evening to remember. For more details click here.
- By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms & Conditions hereby detailed.
- You must complete the quiz linked to this competition to enter. Winners will be chosen from those on the Leaderboard.
- The competition starts at 14:00 on the 17/10/19
- The competition ends at 23:59 on the 24/10/19
- Draw will take place on 25/10/19.
- There will be one winner.
- The winner will be selected at random by an independent person from all correct and eligible entries received.
- Entrants may enter only once and must be aged 18 or over. If you enter more than once, we will randomly select one of your entries to be part of the draw.
- The prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for an alternative.
- The winner will be notified by email on Friday the 25th October 2019 by 2000 GMT. The winner will be asked to provide their details by 2200 GMT the 28th October 2020 . If the promoter does not receive confirmation that he/she accepts this prize, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize.
- Travel to and from Dublin does not constitute part of this prize.
- If any element of the prize is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification. There is no cash alternative and the prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of this promotion.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity.
- The Promoter may in its absolute discretion disqualify any entries which it feels do not comply with these terms and conditions or where any form of bad faith is suspected.
- The entry must be submitted personally by the entrant. Entries by 3rd parties, collective entries or multiple entries will be disqualified.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost or incomplete entries.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, and release Facebook, Instagram or Twitter of any and all liability in relation to this promotion. You are providing your information to the promoter and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Irish law applies to these terms and conditions.
- Promoter: EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum, The chq Building, Dublin 1.