Terms and Conditions
Terms of website use
Please read our terms and conditions carefully before using this website.
1. Other applicable terms
2. Who we are
2.1 Our Site operated by EPIC Ireland CHQ Limited (“EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum”, “EPIC”, “we”, “us” and “our”). We are registered in Ireland under company number 560651 and have our registered office at CHQ, Custom House Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland. Our VAT number is IE3345292UH
3. Changes to our terms and our site
3.2 We may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
4. Accessing our site
4.1 Our Site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis and it at the user’s sole risk. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
5. Intellectual property rights
5.1 “EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum” is an Irish registered trade mark of EPIC Ireland CHQ Limited. The contents of this website are copyright of EPIC Ireland CHQ Ltd. unless otherwise indicated.
5.2 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, including in the material published on it. Works on our Site are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and all such rights are reserved to us. Our status (and that of any identified contributors or licencors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
5.3 You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Site.
5.4 You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
5.5 You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence or written permission to do so from us or our licencors.
6. No reliance on information
6.1 The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It does not amount to advice or a representation upon which you should or can rely.
6.2 Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
7. Limitation of our liability
7.2 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
7.3 We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: 7.3.1 Use of, or inability to use, our Site; or 7.3.2 Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
7.4 If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
7.4.1 Loss of profits, sales, business, contracts or revenue; 7.4.2 Business interruption; 7.4.3 Loss of anticipated savings; 7.4.4 Loss of business opportunity, loss of or corruption of data, goodwill or reputation; or 7.4.5 Any indirect and or consequential loss or damage.
7.5 Please note that we only provide our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes without our permission, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business and business contracts, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
7.6 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
7.7 We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
8.1 We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software in accessing and using the Site.
9. Linking to our site
9.1 You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. Our Site must not be framed on any other Site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page. You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice at any time should we wish to do so.
9.2 If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
10. Third party links and resources in our site
11. Applicable law
12. Ticket sales The management reserves the right at all times to refuse admission. By purchasing tickets for EPIC, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by and subject to the following Terms and Conditions and have read and agree to the use of the information you provide us with.
12.1 Once your tickets have been purchased, the ticket is non-changeable and non-refundable except at the absolute discretion of EPIC management. Once purchased, a ticket(s) must be redeemed within the date clearly stated on the ticket.
12.2 All prices are quoted in Euro. Whilst we reserve the right to increase or decrease our prices at any time before you book, once your booking is confirmed the price of your booking as stated in the confirmation email will not be altered.
12.3 We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that EPIC and all of its exhibits/displays are open for use by visitors during normal opening hours. However, we reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise and with or without prior notice to close EPIC or any part of it. In the event of such closure, we will refund any visitor the cost of his or her prepaid ticket. Otherwise we shall have no liability whatsoever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses in respect of closure of part or all of EPIC.
12.4 From time to time EPIC or other authorised third parties may carry out photography or other recording at the venue and any images or recordings may feature visitors. Visitors consent to the use of such images by EPIC in connection with advertising, promotions or monitoring and acknowledge that the copyright in such images rests with EPIC and/or any authorised third party.
12.5 EPIC is suitable for all ages. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or above whilst visiting EPIC.
12.6 Pets or animals (with the exception of guide dogs, hearing dogs and other certified service animals) are expressly prohibited within EPIC.
12.8 EPIC can process payment of bookings via phone (01 906 0861) with a valid credit card. No record of customers full credit card details is retained by EPIC in any form (written, electronic, audio recording, etc) after the payment has been processed.
13. The EPIC Gift Card
13.1 The EPIC Gift Card can be redeemed at the EPIC ticket desk or in the EPIC Gift Store.
13.2 This Gift Card is valid for 12 months from date of issue.
13.3 This Gift card cannot be exchanged for cash, and change will not be issued, but the balance may be applied to future purchases.
13.4 Lost or stolen cards cannot be replaced & are not replaceable if destroyed or expired.
13.5 Queries relating to your Gift Card can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01) 906 0861.
13.6 If this card is found please contact EPIC at (01) 906 0861.
14. Health and Safety Measures and operational changes in response to COVID-19
- Timed-entry every 15 minutes in groups of 25 people (maximum) will apply to ensure a safe capacity is maintained. We recommend visitors to book online in advance to ensure entry at your preferred time and date. Our ticket desk will still accept walk-ins, all of whom will be allowed entry in the next available time slot.
- Sanitising stations will be widely available, at entry, at our ticket desk, in our galleries, in our gift shop, and on exit. Increased cleaning in all areas and sanitising of major touch points is being carried out.
- We ask all visitors to wear a face mask while visiting our museum and gift shop. Disposable PPE can be provided free of charge to visitors at our ticket desk or in our gift shop, or reusable masks and face coverings can be purchased from our gift store.
- We ask all visitors to adhere to the social distancing advice. Visitors not from the same household must maintain a 2 metre distance from each other where possible. Our museum is divided in to 20 galleries, each approximately 85 sq metres in size, with a total area of 1,700 sq metres. We would kindly ask all visitors to be considerate and patient with other visitors and our staff in this regard while visiting our museum.
- Each visitor will be issued with sterilised stylus pen to use our interactive touchscreens within the museum. We ask all visitors not to use their hands to touch any interactive element within our galleries.
- Audio guides will no longer be available to hire at our museum. Our audio guide is available via our free app, which can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and Google Play store for your mobile device. Please make sure to remember to bring your own headphones with you if you intend to use the audio guide app during your visit.
- All visitors to our museum and gift shop must have completed the 14-day self isolation requirement as per Government guidelines in relation to recent travel into Ireland from any country not on the approved COVID-19 Green List (click here to view list of approved countries).
- By purchasing a ticket to visit our museum you are confirming that: you are currently fit and well; you are not displaying any symptoms of COVID-19; you have not you been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last the 14 days.
- Standard tickets permit a return visit to our museum at any time for the rest of the calendar year (2020). Please call 01 906 0861 or email email@example.com, stating your original booking confirmation number, to book your preferred date and time for your return visit.
- In the event that EPIC is forced to close due to any reason beyond our control, your booking can be re-scheduled, or a full refund will be issued.
15. Contact us
15.1 To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for visiting our site.