Santa’s Grotto is coming to EPIC on 5th, 6th, 12th, 13th, 19th & 20th December.
After a busy year, Santa and his elves are back at EPIC. They’ve spent the last few months getting ready for the best Christmas ever and they can’t wait to see you all again! They have made a few changes to make sure they are complying with Covid restrictions in a safe and fun manner. Things will be a little different this year but we’ve thought of everything to make your visit extra special.
You can find our FAQs listed below.
Individual Visit to Santa in your Family Group
A Printed Family Photo with Santa taken by a Professional Photographer
Our ‘Christmas Traditions Around the World’ Trail Pack
Entry to EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
A Gift from The Elves’ Workshop
Hot Chocolate and Sweet Treat at The Bakehouse
Post your Letter to Santa at our Christmas Express Post Box
A ticket to return and visit EPIC again in 2021
Sat 5th & 6th Dec
Sat 12th & 13th Dec
Sat 19th & 20th Dec
Under 12 months: FREE
Age 1-13: €22.50
Adult (age 14+): €12.50
Days to Santa's Grotto
FAQs - click to expand
All you need to know before your visit to Santa at EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum.
What does my ticket include?
- A visit to meet our professional Santa in our specially designed grotto, which has safety and comfort at the forefront and meets all government guidelines.
- A professional photographer will be available to take your special family Christmas photograph (1 printed photo included in the price).
- A special gift from Santa for each child, which will be presented at our Elves’ Workshop, located in the EPIC Museum Gift Shop.
- Your ticket will also include access to our award-winning museum and exclusive pop-up ‘Christmas Around the World Trail’. The trail will include 4 special Crafting Stations for children to engage with Santa’s elves.
- A trip to Bakehouse CHQ for a delicious Hot Chocolate and Sweet Treat (for children) and a tea/coffee for the adults.
- A return ticket to visit EPIC in 2021.
How will you maintain social distancing?
This year our Santa visits have been specially designed with social distancing guidelines in place so you can still enjoy all the festive fun in a safe and relaxed atmosphere
- Santa’s specially designed grotto will be located in the spacious CHQ building.
- Limited tickets will be available for this time-slotted event so booking is essential.
- Reserved seating is available for families waiting to visit the grotto and all seating areas will be cleaned after each use.
- Your visit with Santa will be in keeping with government guidelines so Santa will be sitting at least 2 metres from your family group.
- On entry to the grotto, floor decals will signal your standing/seating area. This is to ensure that the 2 metre distance is maintained.
- Photo opportunities will be available and they will be set up to maintain social distance to ensure safety. This year Santa will be unable to have children stand or sit next to him. Staff will not be able to take photographs for visiting families but our professional photographer will be there to capture the perfect family photo.
- All staff will be wearing facemasks and we ask that all guests please to do the same.
- Sanitising sessions will be available throughout the experience.
- Our ‘Pop Up Christmas Around the World Trail’ has been designed with social distancing in mind. Each child will receive their own pack to allow them to take part in the experience.
How do I purchase tickets?
You can buy your tickets online or by calling our Reservations Team on +353 (0) 19060861.
How to get to EPIC:
EPIC is located in The chq Building in Dublin’s Docklands, a 10 minute walk east from O’Connell Street Bridge. It is served by all major public transport links (Dublin Bus, Luas red line, DART, Irish Rail and Swords Bus). If you’re travelling by car, the nearest public car park is Park Rite IFSC on Commons Street. You can avail of a special rate for EPIC guests if you book in advance with Park Rite
What happens when we arrive?
As soon as you’ve booked your tickets, you will receive a booking confirmation by email; this is all you need for your visit.
- This confirmation does not have to be printed; you will just need access to it on your mobile phone.
- You can check in at the EPIC ticket desk. We recommend that you arrive 5-10 minutes before your allotted time. There will be no dedicated waiting area so we don’t recommend arriving earlier.
- Once you have checked in you will be directed to a dedicated seating area, where you will wait until the elves call you for your visit to Santa’s Grotto.
- Once you have finished your visit to Santa’s Grotto, you can meet our working elves in our Gift Shop to collect your gift. You can also visit our exclusive pop-up ‘Christmas Traditions Around the World’ trail in the museum.
- If you are running late for your booking please call +353 (0) 19060861. Due to limited availability, we will move bookings to the next available timeslot, if possible.
- Tickets for Santa at EPIC are non-refundable.
What happens if the museum has to close?
If the museum is required to close due to government guidelines, ‘Santa at EPIC’ will move to being a virtual event. This virtual event will be delivered over Zoom at your original booking time. During their Zoom call with Santa, children will have the opportunity to talk to Santa and ask him any questions they may have. All gifts will be posted to guests. As part of your virtual experience, you will be able to join our ‘Christmas Traditions Around the World’ workshop. Your workshop time will be allotted to you based on your booking. If you are unable to attend your allotted time, let us know by contacting email@example.com and we will try to organise another option for you. The Zoom links for your meeting with Santa and your workshop will be emailed to you 24 hours in advance.
How do I get there?
EPIC is located in The chq Building in Dublin’s Docklands, a 10 minute walk east from O’Connell Street Bridge. It is served by all major public transport links (Dublin Bus, Luas red line, DART, Irish Rail and SwordsBus) If travelling by car, the nearest public car park is Park Rite IFSC on Commons Street.
Is there a car park close by?
The nearest car park to EPIC is Park Rite IFSC on Commons Street, to the rear of Hilton Garden Inn Hotel. Park Rite offer a special weekend rate for EPIC customers of 3 hours of parking for €6, which can be booked 24 hours in advance on their website.
Worried about any future lockdown?
We won’t let COVID-19 disrupt the festivities!
If you’re unable to visit EPIC due to COVID-19 restrictions or if EPIC needs to close for any reason, don’t worry – we’ll make sure you can enjoy a virtual visit instead. You’ll still get to meet Santa over a Zoom call and take part in our Christmas Workshop. We will also arrange for our elves to deliver your gifts and tickets to return to EPIC in 2021. For further information, please read our FAQs above.
Prioritising Your Safety at EPIC
At EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum, the wellbeing and safety of Santa, his elves, our visitors and staff is our top priority. In accordance with Irish Government and Health Service Executive recommendations on COVID-19, including the Fáilte Ireland COVID-19 Safety Charter, we have implemented a number of measures for your safety and comfort. For further information please read here.
Exclusive Hire of Santa Experience
Did you know that our Santa Experience is also available for exclusive hire? Give your staff or clients’ families a Christmas to remember – avail of our full Santa Experience and book Santa exclusively for your group. Exclusive Hire is available in December on a limited number of dates and in line with all government guidelines. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Surprise someone this Christmas with the perfect gift
Looking for that perfect Christmas gift? An EPIC Gift Card is a unique gift idea for the history buff in your life. They can explore 1,500 years of Irish history or treat themselves to something special from the wonderful range of Irish-made gifts and souvenirs available in the EPIC Museum Gift Shop. Contact us on +353 (0) 19060861 to purchase.