Dublin is an amazing city for Festivals and Events and this has been recognised in this year’s World Travel Awards. Dublin is a nominee as Europe’s Leading Festival & Event Destination.
When you look at the list of events that Dublin hosts each year, you’ll truly get a sense of how our city plays host to fantastic festivals dotted around our city’s streets, parks and unique spaces. From comedy to dance, food to literature, music to science and street performance to Halloween, it seems there’s always something vibrant, exciting and visually stunning in Dublin.
Whether it’s Tradfest, the Dublin International Film Festival, MusicTown, the Dublin Dance Festival, the International Dublin Gay Theatre Festival, the Dalkey Book Festival, OFFSET, The Festival of Curiosity, the Laya Healthcare City Spectacular, Bloomsday, Fortitude, the Dublin Bay Prawn Festival, the Taste of Dublin, Beatyard, the Bram Stoker Festival or the St Patrick’s Festival, you’re sure to experience something visually, aurally or gastronomically fascinating.
We’re supporting Dublin’s bid to be recognised as Europe’s Leading Festival & Event Destination and have added our votes to their World Travel Awards category.
We are proud to be among the amazing Dublin candidates who have been nominated in the Awards and need your support.
- EPIC has been nominated for Europe’s Leading Tourist Attraction – click here to vote
- The Convention Centre has been nominated for Europe’s Leading Meetings & Conference Centre 2019 – Vote here
- Sandymount Hotel has been nominated for Europe’s Leading Green Hotel 2019 – Vote here
- Teeling Whiskey Distillery on Newmarket Square are nominated for Europe’s Leading Distillery Tour 2019 – Vote here
- Jameson Distillery Bow St is also nominated for Europe’s Leading Distillery Tour – Vote here
- Fáilte Ireland are nominated as Europe’s Leading Tourist Board for 2019 – Vote here
The World Travel Awards, celebrating their 26th anniversary this year, are renowned as the most prestigious and comprehensive in the global industry. Each year, the World Travel Awards ceremonies are regarded as milestone events in the industry calendar, attended by the industry’s key decision makers and figure heads, as well as key trade and consumer media. The WTA brand is recognised globally as the ultimate hallmark of quality, with winners setting the benchmark to which all others aspire.
The award winners will be announced at the Europe Gala Ceremony on 8 June 2019 in Madeira, Portugal.